Measuring equipment - HP5385A frequency counter
HP5385A frequency counter
The Keysight 5385A Frequency Counter utilizes interpolar-enhanced reciprocal counting to provide outstanding performance at a low cost. Frequency coverage allows measurements from 10 Hz to 1 GHz, with resolution of 9 digits per second. The 5385A incorporates a programmable alphanumeric display, accessible remotely via either HP-IB (standard) or HP-IL (optional). The liquid crystal display (LCD) reduces component count, is easy to read (indoors or out), and improves counter reliability and serviceability.
The half-rack width 5385A instrument is portable, rackable, and stackable for use in the field, at a workbench, or as part of an ATE system. Options include a four-hour-capacity battery pack, and a high-stability ovenized oscillator for higher accuracy.
- High input sensitivity extends applications
- Extensive input conditioning improves accuracy
- Variable display digits improve readability
- External DC operation extends portability
- Standard TCXO timebase
- Proven reliability
- High Input Sensitivity
- Sensitivity of at least 15 mV rms reduces the need for preamps, and improves low level signal measurement accuracy.
- Extensive Input Conditioning
- A low pass filter, automatic or manual attenuator and trigger level control features provide versatile signal-to-noise conditioning for optimum accuracy.
- Variable Display Digits
- View only readable digits from stable signals by controlling the number of display digits. Use as few as 3 or as many as 11 digits.
- External DC Operation
- Wide range (9-15V) external DC input power allows use of sources such as 12V automobile power to keep the timebase warm, or charge the battery option while in transit to remote sites.